Bringing together parents and teachers is a valuable method of promoting community within your school system. School-based parent groups bring teachers and parents together in ways that promote communication and trust. These groups are best held bi-monthly or quarterly to inspire consistent conversation and connection among caregivers . Parents may be surprised to find that they are facing the same issues as other parents of children enrolled in your school. Dr. Jamison will help shape the conversation with topics tailored to your specific school program as well as facilitate a productive conversation. The goal of these workshops is to give parents and teachers consistent techniques for child engagement and behavior management across settings.
- How to avoid the power struggle
- How to handle aggression quickly and effectively
- Why doesn't my child listen to me the first time?
- Importance of parent/teacher communication
- Juggling schedules & how to make smooth transistions
Contact us for more information.